PCV Murcor Attends Annual Meeting with Risk Management Association and Society of Chief Appraisers at the Federal Reserve Bank in Los Angeles
PCV Murcor’s Chief Appraiser, John Hosey, and Director of Commercial Valuations, Frank Obregon attended the 16th annual joint meeting of the Risk Management Association and the Society of Chief Appraisers last week. The annual conference held at the Federal Reserve Bank in Los Angeles, brings chief appraisers and risk managers together to focus on sharing of trends, regulatory updates, and trade knowledge among leaders and peers in financial services, valuation, and risk management with the goal of keeping all participants informed and compliant.
A Special ‘Thank You’ to the Organizers of the Event:
- Stewart Heller, Co-Founder, Southern California Chief Appraisers Group
- Christina Sham Azevedo, Risk Management Association Board Member, Manager – Moore Real Estate
- David Rosenthal, MAI, FRIS, President & CEO, Curtis-Rosenthal, Inc.
- Allen Greer, Society of Chief Appraisers, Owner, Greer Advisors, LLC
- Jerry Germanetti, retried former Chief Appraiser, City National Bank
- Brenda Dohring Hicks, MAI, CEO, RealWired! and The Dohring Group
Phenomenal Insights Were Shared by a Number of Subject Matter Experts.
- Regional Commercial Real Estate Overview, James Berner
- Hotels: Where are we in the Cycle?, Jessica White
- Collateral Risk Management and Bank Policy, Jenny Redlin
- Technology to Drive Efficiency, Matt Devoe
- Special Purpose Properties, Brock Rule
- Senior Housing Market Update, Bennett Johnson
- Training System is the Only Way to Keep the Appraisal Industry Alive, Michael Simmons
- HVCRE – Analysis and Effects of this Controversial Requirement, David Rosenthal
- Incredible You – The Importance of Valuation Professionals, Brenda Dohring Hicks
- A Brief Discussion of the Process of Commercial Appraisal Review, Allen Greer & Rob Landis
- Appraisal Review, FDIC, Richard Rawson
- Senior Policy Advisor, fomerely with OCC, Robert (Bob) Parson
- 12th District Credit Risk, Federal Reserve Bank, Ron Pavlick
Chief Appraisers and Chief Credit Officers
Now is a great time to prepare for valuations compliance in 2018. Provided are a few items to help you start that process.
- Are your commercial valuation policies consistent with the Federal Reserve’s Commercial Bank Examination Manual?
- Are your residential valuation policies consistent with the Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines?
Contact us to find out how we can help you enhance your collateral valuations process in the new year.